Subtitle

Everything #winning from the zombie apocalypse to fine dining and anything in between.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

14 Days of Metallica: Day 13



Nearing the end (and the beginning, of the concert!), Day 13 and the final Day 14 feature two of my favorite Metallica songs.


I didn't hear this song until much later in my Metallica fandom, but when I did it (and still does) sent chills through me.  It's the last single from Master of Puppets, and also the last single to feature Cliff Burton before he died in 1986.

I love it because it starts so soft and melodic, but grows into a heavier, gutsier song, fitting with the theme of the album and reflective of the title.  It's about slowly going insane and being trapped.

Metallica takes the stage soon here in Halifax!

No comments:

Post a Comment