Subtitle

Everything #winning from the zombie apocalypse to fine dining and anything in between.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello, is this thing on?

My first blog post.

Welcome, and thanks for reading.  I'll tell you a little about myself and what to expect from this blog in the future, so hopefully you'll understand where I'm coming from on most things.

Hit the jump to learn more!


Well, I'm a 24 year old marketing student from St. John's, Newfoundland.  Y'know, that oft forgotten rock jutting out into the North Atlantic?  No I'm not from Finland.  No, it's not pronounced New-fownd-land, or New-finlind, it's pronounced Newfinlaand.  We have an interesting since of humour here, I guess it helps us get through the crappy weather we have to endure 10 and a half months of the year.

I'm a self-proclaimed realist, one who bases everything down to his existence on logic.  Logic > emotion, or at least I try to keep it that way.  That way one doesn't make irrational decisions based on emotion subsequently delivering regret, another thing I try to eliminate.

I work at an online risk management software development company called ClearRisk as a social media associate during the days, and on the weekends I bartend at The Brimstone on George St. during the nights.

I enjoy many typical 24 year old hobbies, such as sports and video games.  I play hockey, softball, golf, I'm a member of the Canadian Ski Patrol, and will try any sport twice.  I play WoW, and StarCraft 2.  The only XBOX game I really play is Call of Duty:World at War.  I also love Risk, poker and generally anything that has a level of competition to it.

What you can expect from this blog, is what most of my friends have been seeing on Facebook already, only in an expanded, slightly more eloquent delivery.  My thoughts, opinions, ideas and pet peeves, mixed with a magnitude of fun and interesting links, pictures, stories and anything that catches my eye for longer than a moment.

Hope you guys find my words to come either informative, entertaining or at least instigative.


Live and love so intensely, that when death comes, there's nothing left to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment