Subtitle

Everything #winning from the zombie apocalypse to fine dining and anything in between.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

14 Days of Metallica: Day 14




The final day of the series is reserved my favorite Metallica song of all time.




The song is about Hetfield losing his father to cancer.  Guess you can figure out why it's my favorite.  The song deals with the emotional pain he feels and the physical pain his father felt, but also the anger in dealing with it as well.

The flow of the song goes from soft to heavy and back to reflect this.  For anyone that has lost anyone to cancer, read the lyrics... it's frighteningly accurate.  I didn't hear the original until after I heard the S&M version, and just like all of the tracks of that album, I can't go back to them.

Favorite part; you can hear Hetfield shushing the crowd as the song slowly ends in the S&M version.

Official video


Thanks for checking back throughout the series, it was fun to write and I hope you guys learned something about the band that you never knew before.

Now if you'll excuse me, Metallica is just about to come on stage.

\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment