Subtitle

Everything #winning from the zombie apocalypse to fine dining and anything in between.

Monday, July 11, 2011

14 Days of Metallica: Day 6

Ok, so summer finally arrived in Newfoundland.  I am a bartender, and on sunny days, the deck gets busy.  I worked 38 hours in 3 days and literally did not have time to turn my computer.  Then I had to drive 4 hours to meet with my girlfriend and other singer to record a song (I'll link a video when it is edited and uploaded!).  Now I've finally grabbed a second to myself, at home while my girlfriend is getting ready to watch a movie in bed.

Now, enough apologies... Day 6 (which should have been posted a few days ago) goes to...



The band's first ballad, and also their first about suicide.  According to Hetfield him and Lars were obsessed with death around that time, which was on par for the metal scene.  Hetfield is on record saying that he 'learned how hard acoustic guitar was at that point'.  By far the deepest and darkest Metallica song so far, it's depression just sucks you in.  Pretty wild to be able to encapsulate that feeling so strongly into a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment